37 things I love right now.
1. Shiva Nata! I’ve just begun to practice it and I think it’s amazing. It’s a yoga practice, very mentally oriented with a lot of flailing and play. I’m excited.
2. Spaghetti. Oh my god! Spaghetti! I eat a lot of different grains, including pasta in a vast assortment of shapes and sizes and styles of twirliness, but I had forgotten how immensely satisfying spaghetti is. It’s probably one of those deep-rooted childhood things. Oh, spaghetti!
3. Whole Foods, for having a 3-for-$4 sale on spaghetti this week.
4. This video, and specifically that this video impelled me to go up to the cashier at Whole Foods and say “It’s getting REAL in the Whole Foods parking lot!” when I went there on Saturday.
5. That gorgeous moment of connection when you offer someone a slice of yourself that normally would only exist outside of the context in which you encounter one another.
6. This video of John Mayer and his band performing “Slow Dancing In a Burning Room” in LA, rich with sexy guitar solos and band members making the best musicismyliiiiiiiiiife faces.
7. The dream I had last night about pressing tofu.
8. Anything that smells of lavender.
9. The cooling temperature, enabling me to open all the windows, all night long.
10. The hilarious conversations I can hear from the bikers and runners on the trail 5 stories below.
11. Peppered Tofurky slices.
12. My Motivation Monday group, a weekly event borne out of the World Changing Writing Workshop in which I participated this summer. We get together on Monday mornings, check in via Facebook chat, and then we all go off and write for about 2 hours, checking in periodically if we need support. It’s AWESOME.
13. Ev’Yan of Sex Love Liberation had a Pay-What-You-Can sale for her birthday last week and agreed to an exchange with me. I get an Unabashed Sensualists’ Package and she gets a Tarot reading! Very exciting.
14. I have some amazing friends who have been supporting me in various direct and indirect ways while I’m dealing with some really challenging stuff. I love you with every fiber of my being.
15. Library books.
16. Library blogs.
18. Library staff.
19. Library students.
20. Library users, especially the ones who get how awesome it is that libraries exist and how important they are to humanity.
21. Good, soft toilet paper that does not chafe.
22. Singing in the shower.
23. Journaling epiphanies.
24. The wind.
25. My fluffy dark blue bathrobe…
26. …Which goes so very well with my fluffy purple blanket, for snuggliness purposes.
27. Chocolate chip cookies.
28. Mike Doughty’s new album, “Yes And Also Yes”, on which there is not a single track that isn’t totally rockyourfaceoff awesome.
29. Figuring out which of my chakras is out of wack, even if I haven’t yet figured out how to address it.
30. The simple act of telling a friend, or even a friendly stranger, a little about how my day has been.
31. Converting people to the religion of Kale, in all its mighty deliciousness.
32. How good it feels to feel better after feeling crappy, even if only for a little while.
33. Collaborative crossword puzzles! (Let me know if you want to do them with me!!)
34. B.B.King. Nothing else needs to be said about the King.
35. Not wearing pants.
37. The delightful simplicity of a meal consisting entirely of spaghetti (see #2) and sauteed mushrooms.