I bought the last two cans of pumpkin at the grocery store today.
They were really hard to find, too. They were buried deep in a bottom shelf in the baking ingredients aisle. I spent a fair amount of time hunting for them.
When I got the the register, the cashier asked me if I’d found everything I needed today, and I said “Yes, but I should tell you, I nabbed your last 2 cans of pumpkin, so I hope you’re restocking soon!”
The cashier laughed. “Do you need more? I can have someone check in the back.”
“Oh, no,” I said. “Two is all I need this week.”
“Are you sure?” the cashier asked me.
Oh, how I wish now that I’d asked them to go check in the back and get me a whole crate!
Paging through the RandoMoFo feed, I came across more and more pumpkin recipes, one after another. All of a sudden the number of pumpkin recipes in my file had more than doubled. Why, oh why did I not buy more pumpkin today?
Instead, I present to you 11 recipes that I would like to make right now, if I had all the pumpkin in the world and a devoted pumpkin-eating crew to help me eat them.
1. Molly Tanzer’s Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
2. The award-winning Pumpkin Donuts from Passing Daisies
3. Naked Veg Lunch’s Pumpkin Curry, which I would actually be making right now if I hadn’t already eaten dinner
4. Joyful Girl’s Pumpkin Baked Ziti
5. Welcoming Fall Tofu from AstroNOMZ, the spectacular pumpkin tofu scramble which I made last week
6. Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake from Peas & Thank You
7. Rabbit Food Blog’s Pumpkin Hummus, which actually sounds a little on the weird side even to me, but it has pumpkin and it has hummus and so I have to try it.
8. Mo’s Pumpkin & Porcini Risotto
9. Vegan Culinary Crusade’s Pumpkin Pudding
10. Greens-Filled Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce from VegWeb
11. And of course, the thing I’m actually going to make: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins