I didn’t cook today, so instead I will present you with a list of my favorite snack foods!
1. Spicy Thai Kettle Chips. I love these possibly more than I have ever loved any snack food ever invented. For quite a while, they contained honey, and I was miserable, because I had fallen in love with them before they started containing honey, and honey is not vegan. Finally they stopped using honey, and the minute I found this out, I went out and bought 5 bags. AWESOME.
2. Kale chips. Last year I posted a phototutorial for how to make these. It’s the 3rd most popular food post on my blog! (#1 is where I tell you how to get vegan Girl Scout cookies, which is the most visited post of all posts on my blog ever, and #2 is my creamy mushroom kale soup, which delights me to no end even though I have no idea why this is so popular) Anyway, kale chips are amazing! Eat them!
3. Green beans. Dear god I love green beans. I love a lot of vegetables a lot, but green beans and I have something special. They even have the same name as me, which is pretty cool. They can easily be the focal point of a meal, but as a snack I like to munch on them raw, or dunked in hummus. Usually though, I’ll dunk a couple in hummus and then realize they taste better all on their own.
4. Popcorn. I recently had the great fortune to visit The Spice House in Chicago, where a dear friend of mine works, and came home with some of the most excellent spices and spice blends I have ever tasted. My very favorite of all is a maple-garlic blend, which I have discovered is truly magnificent on popcorn. I didn’t think it was possible for me to like popcorn even more than I already did, and my previous popcorn preferences were pretty solid (soy butter, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, black pepper)…but with the introduction of this maple-garlic blend to my beloved snack, my appreciation has intensified.
5. Toast. This is going to get its own post one of these days, so I’ll save my paean for another day.
6. Pumpkin seeds. I love everything about pumpkins, really.
7. Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips. You can probably tell that I like crunchy snack foods.
8. Rice cakes. I like to get brown rice cakes and smother them with hummus or soy butter. More crunch! More good snacky times.
9. Nuts. I don’t think there are any nuts I don’t like. I like them in things, on things, or just by themselves. Sometimes I roast them in the oven or toast them in a pan before eating them. Sometimes I just can’t wait that long!
10. Oreo cookies. I don’t eat a lot of desserts, and I definitely don’t buy a lot of desserts since I can just make my own, but occasionally I’ll buy a box of Oreos just because it makes me so happy that they are vegan.
11. Tofurky slices. Okay, this is a weird snack. And it’s not even crunchy. But I like it!
What are some of your favorite snacks?